As a marketer or small business owner, you want your customers to review your product. You want them to do it over and over again, in many different places, singing your praises and telling the world how happy they are with your company, your services, and your brand.
Because we live in a review-driven world. Yelp, Amazon, Facebook, and Google (to name just a few) all include product reviews as a core focus of their products. Customers trust other customers more than they trust brands. And good product reviews can make or break your marketing efforts.
But they don’t happen magically. The companies that actively get the most reviews do it strategically. Here’s nine things you can do to get more product reviews:
- Use a follow up email after a sale to ask for a review on one of the sites mentioned above
- Use social media pages to ask for reviews from your existing customers
- Create a feedback tool on your site for product reviews that are listed alongside the products themselves
- Respond to customer feedback online so that your customers know you are engaged, making it more likely that future customers will engage with you
- Reach out to bloggers and offer them free swag for themselves or their readers in exchange for a review
- Incentivize reviews through a random drawing or giveaway for anyone who leaves a review on your site
- Send out a customer survey and allow them an open-ended space to tell you how their experience with you has been
- Showcase customer reviews in your marketing, making the customers the stars of your brand
- Include information on how to provide feedback within or on the product itself
The more you can get your customers to review your products, the more trusted your brand will become. And in a review-driven world, reviews are worth a lot of marketing dollars.