Your landing pages are the pages that people land on after they click on one of your ads. They serve a purpose. They are there to convert people from interest to action.
That action could be…
- Form submission,
- Newsletter signup,
…or any number of other things.
But whatever it is, you should make sure that there is one clear call to action, and one only. Too many choices are bad.
But enough about what landing pages are. This post is about video.
Using video on a landing page is good for a few reasons:
- People are more likely to watch a video than read copy
- You can say more in a short video than in one page of copy
- Video works better for mobile
Adding video to your landing page should serve a purpose. It should tell them who you are, what you’re offering, and why they should complete the action desired.
Make the video big and bold. If you want them to watch it, make sure it’s the first thing they see when they land on your page. But don’t force it to play automatically. That’s annoying.
A few things to watch out for:
- The video needs to be of high enough quality that it does not turn people off. Cheaply produced videos could do more harm than good.
- The video should be no longer than 3 minutes. If you can’t say what needs to be said in less time than that, it does not belong in a video, or it does not belong on a landing page. Most people won’t commit more time than that to learn who you are.