“Do more with less.”
It’s usually not what anyone wants to hear. But in many companies, it’s the common theme around this time of year. When we’re setting budgets for next year, we want to grow, but we don’t want to spend more money to help accomplish that goal. So, we have to do more with less.
But I want to take the negative connotation away from the phrase for a moment. Because doing more with less does not mean you and your team have to work harder. It means you have to work smarter.
And we live in an age where working smarter is easy.
Technologies can automate tasks that used to be labor-intensive. They have given us access to a world full or remote help. They have made optimizing our advertising budgets easier.
We can do more with less, simply by identifying a few key opportunities in our day to day to work and taking the time to “fix” them.
Keys to doing more with less in 2016:
- Know that “Less” means lower costs, and “More” means higher revenue
- Prioritize the team’s responsibilities and look for tasks to eliminate
- Invest in technologies that can automate routine tasks
- Track all marketing spend and be ruthless about cutting unprofitable spend
- Encourage innovative thinking within your organization aimed at cutting costs
- Take advantage of outside help with projects not in your comfort zone
Doing more with less will lead to higher profits and quicker growth. So get started today!