Marketing is all about getting attention. And a tradeshow can be a great way to get attention from a very specific industry or group of consumers.
Depending on your product or service and the industry that you’re in, there is likely one or more trade shows or conferences that your business might attend. And, if you have the budget, you might consider becoming a sponsor or exhibitor.
If this is not something your business has done in the past, here are some reasons why you might consider making tradeshows a part of your marketing strategy in the future:
- Generate leads – tradeshow attendees can learn more about you and give you their information so that your sales team can follow up after the show.
- Create business partnerships – you can meet and talk to representatives from other companies in your industry, which can lead to profitable partnerships.
- Launch products – tradeshows already get media coverage, so they can be a great time to make big product announcements. You already have a built in audience.
- Brand awareness and industry respect –tradeshows tell consumers and industry players what brands are worth paying attention to, and just showing up at a tradeshow for the first time will get people’s attention.
- Social Media tie-in – tradeshows can be a great way to generate interest in your social media channels. You can cover the event in real time or make special social media offers during the show.