SEO = Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is important for many reasons, which I’ll get into in a moment. If you follow marketing blogs and advice columns you are lucky to run into many different suggestions when it comes to SEO strategy. They will talk about what works, what doesn’t, how the landscape is changing, and tell you all the ways you can outrank your competitors on major search engines.
Here’s the basic truth, SEO is critical. It’s not spammy or sneaky. You are not trying to trick Google. The people who do SEO right are simply making it easier for search engines (and therefore people) to find their website.
10 Reasons You Need an SEO Strategy:
- Over the long term, SEO has the best return on your investment of any marketing strategy
- The majority of web traffic comes from search engines
- The number one ranking on Google gets 33% of all clicks
- The first page on Google gets 92% of all clicks
- People who find your website organically cost you nothing
- The alternative is paying for expensive search ads or crossing your fingers and hoping
- It’s easy to implement fundamental SEO best practices
- It’s free to implement fundamental SEO best practices
- Your competitors have an SEO strategy
- If you don’t have an SEO strategy you will fail