Welcome to this week’s edition of “Little Things”, a weekly blog series covering the small changes that you can make to improve marketing performance.
Last week’s topic was retargeting your visitors.
This week’s tip:
Start an Email Newsletter
An email newsletter is an easy way to get started in email marketing. And it’s a low pressure, high impact message that can be delivered to those consumers that are interested in your brand and what you’re doing on a regular basis.
After an email newsletter has been started, and you’ve accrued a significant readership, you can use it in a number of ways. You can sell directly to this audience, push them to some other action like a refer a friend program, or get paid advertising included in each email.
So how do you start?
- Sign up with an email service: TinyLetter for beginners looking to get started for free, iContact or ConstantContact for people who want to grow fast and jump fewer hurdles.
- Create a sign up form – all three of these services offer forms that you can customize and add to your site.
- Design a basic newsletter template.
- Create content and send the newsletter once a day, week, month, or quarter, depending on how interactive your subscribers are and how much new content you can produce.
- Incentivize people to subscribe to your newsletter by offering them a free download or exclusive content.