Are you a marketer looking for a job you can really feel passionate about? One that will open up new experiences and teach you about a new industry? One that will allow you to work with a team of brilliant people on projects you look forward to?
We all imagine the dream job. That job that feels just out of reach, that will make us happy and satisfy our career pursuits.
And whether that job is open now, or it won’t come for years, there are plenty of ways that you can prepare for it.
- Take classes online and off to learn about new areas and stay up to date with new trends
- Get certified in a variety of fields through those classes
- Add those certifications and classes to your resume
- Have an opinion on divisive issues within marketing and make your opinion known
- Start a blog or personal website
- Outperform expectations at your existing job
- Take advantage of social networks to make real connections
- Always be looking, you never know when that perfect job will come along and you don’t always know what form it will take when it does