I wanted to let you all in on a little project that I’m just starting to refocus on. For the purposes of keeping the idea under wraps as much as possible, I apologize for being a little vague.
I’m announcing it here for 2 reasons:
- I’m looking to connect with people who are interested in participating.
- I recently read about the psychology of commitment, and the affect that making our goals public has on whether or not we complete them.
In short, I feel that the quality of financial education that kids get in the key years leading up to and during college is pathetic. In many cases, it’s nonexistent. I consider myself lucky that I took an interest in personal finance and economics earlier than most, and have tried to expand on that knowledge little by little. By no means am I an expert, but I am ahead of most.
I aim to disrupt this space from the outside. My goal is to create a company geared towards personal finance education, and attempt to train a new generation of financially free and responsible consumers. The truth is, knowledge is power. And just a little bit of personal finance knowledge at a young age can have a huge impact on lifetime earnings and savings that people can expect to see.
Who I’m looking to connect with:
- Personal finance professionals, gurus and aficionados.
- Investors and educators interested in changing the personal finance game.
- Web designers and developers familiar with education.
Please contact me at ztheller(at)gmail(dot)com if you’re interested and I will be happy to share more.