It’s not enough to just get by anymore. You should be striving for greatness. And greatness in marketing starts with making some commitments to yourself and to your customer base.
Repeat after me:
- I will pay attention to the needs of my customers and respond with updates to my website, products, customer service, and sales practices.
- I will allow people to subscribe to an email list where they can receive exclusive news, updates, and deals. And in exchange for them signing up, I will give them access to a special deal or exclusive piece of content.
- I will get involved in conversations around my brand in social media.
- I will make it easy to access and use my website from a tablet or mobile device.
- I will test different prices and promotions to see which ones get the highest conversion rate, including free shipping, bundling, higher and lower prices, offering a percentage discount versus a straight dollar amount, and more.
- I will read through and review all old marketing materials to avoid doing “the same thing we’ve always done” and find areas of improvement.
- I will ask for and use testimonials from satisfied customers in all of my marketing efforts.
Have your own resolutions? Share them with us in the comments below.