Welcome to this week’s edition of “Little Things”, a weekly blog series covering the small changes that you can make to improve marketing performance.
Last week’s topic was start a blog.
This week’s tip:
Attend a Marketing Conference
Marketing conferences are easy to find. They come in sizes big and small. They come in a variety of marketing niches and in more general form. And they can be a great place for people who are new to the marketing world to learn a lot.
Like this blog, marketing conferences offer a chance to learn best practices in the field and new trends you may want to pay attention to. You can meet with industry experts, get advanced technology news and opinions, and often find great deals or trial offers on new products and services that could improve your business.
Here’s what I suggest:
- Search online for marketing conferences in your area
- Purchase a floor pass, usually the cheapest ticket (sometimes free)
- Wander the floor for a day, talking to as many people as possible
- If offered, attend one or more of the presentations that interest you
- Follow up with those people you think will benefit your business
- Repeat as often as you can