Welcome to this week’s edition of “Little Things”, a weekly blog series covering the small changes that you can make to improve marketing performance.
Last week’s topic was nine marketing tips.
This week’s tip:
There are things that you want your customers or potential customers to do. Certain things, there could be a lot, that will make it more likely that your business will flourish.
“If only they would refer a friend, we’d double our revenue.” This week’s tip is, incentive those actions.
A while back I wrote an entire series on using incentives in business. But here are a few quick ideas to get you started:
- You can create membership cards to help your business gain loyal, repeat customers.
- You can offer free gifts or cash back for new customer referrals.
- You can offer a discount in exchange for a survey or review of your product.
- You can offer free content for people who sign up for your email list.
- You can offer publicity or cross-promotion to get customers to interact with you on social networks.
Start by making a list of all the things you’d like people to do. Then figure out which are the most important, and add incentives. Then promote those incentives to people.