Last week I wrote a post about including phone numbers on all marketing materials so that people can get in touch with you when they want to. As I wrote it, I made mention of the fact that even though it may seem obvious, many companies often ignore the advice.
When I started thinking about it, I realized there are a lot of marketing tips, that while obvious to some, are ignored by many. And so today, I wanted a chance to list them.
In no particular order, here are some very basic things that every marketer should be doing:
- Answer phone calls
- Respond quickly to emails
- Give your salespeople everything they need to communicate with prospects
- Allow people to purchase online or over the phone
- Have a website
- Apply for free business listings online and off
- Encourage feedback from customers
- Encourage loyalty
- Offer discounts to new customers
- Offer discounts to loyal customers
- Encourage referrals
- Use social media
- No typos
- No spam
I had to stop myself from going on, but I encourage you to leave your tips in the comments below.