As a blogger and someone that finds a lot of inspiration in the social media world, I think it's important to find other blogs that publish important information in the marketing and business world. For all marketers, it's important to stay as up to date as possible on internet trends, and no one covers those trends better than the blogs that have been doing it for some time.
Occassionally, I'll keep you updated on what I'm reading, which might hopefully give you some inspiration as well. Here is what's filling up my Google Reader today:
Blogs about business
- Business Pundit - This blog offers a variety of fun and interesting ways to look at business and advertising, featuring top 10 lists of all kinds that will inspire you and/or make you laugh.
- Small Biz Trends - These guys are experts, and offer a great round up of everything that is going on in the business and political world and why business owners need to care.
- Freakonomics - The guys behind the New York Time's bestseller own and operate a blog that is very much in tune with the topics in the book, featuring interesting looks at financial trends.
- Springwise - they explain it best, "Springwise scans the globe for the most promising business ventures, ideas and concepts that are ready for regional or international adaptation, expansion, partnering, investments or cooperation."
- Seth Godin - Now famous for his blog, his speeches, his book's and his views on what it takes to make it in the business world, Seth's got a unique point of view that is fully explained in each and every post.
Blogs about blogging
- ProBlogger - Darren Rowse is a blogging expert, now operating 3 very popular blogs, so it only makes sense that he write the authoratative blog on blogging.
- Daily Blog Tips - Daniel Scocco is now slouch in the "how to blog" world either, and his tips are great for bloggers of all types.
Blogs about finance
- NPR's Planet Money - NPR's finance blog is a great way to hear some interesting stories from real life people in all parts of the world.
Blogs about technology
- Mashable - Mashable has been a longstanding authority on technology and social media, with the latest news in the business of the internet on a daily basis.
- Techcrunch - Don't let the fact that these guys were purchased by AOL keep you from soaking in the up the minute news from the technology world.
While you're following me, take a look and see if you want to follow any of them. It will be worth your time.